Perseverance

At least when it comes to the fitness component, perseverance is required.

When my wife and I were on our 5-week road and RV trip, I did not bring an exercise mat and did not have access to a gym.  For the most part, my weight training routine of any sort became non-existent for this period.  I did manage to fit planking when there was a picnic table to use on the RV portion of the trip but that was far and few between.  It was a little easier for strap training.

When I got "home" to my equipment 3 weeks ago, I would say I was getting out of shape.  12 press ups was difficult, as was 2 sets.  By persevering on  daily basis, it took over 2 weeks before the 12 pushups were getting easy and I could get up to 14, 15 and for the past couple of days, 16.  In the past week, I've also increased my sets up to 3 then 4 from 2.

Advice:  Keep working at it incrementally, it gets easier as your muscles get used to it.  Same with the crunch routine I started 2 years ago.  1 set of 10-12 proved difficult at first but after a few weeks 3 sets of 30 or more became routine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Pants - An Everyday Weight Control Tool

An introduction

Artificial Sweeteners